I, Nikki, am Blogging my crazy thoughts and cravings during my on-going Candida Cleanse, in a step by step journal titled The Candida Chronicles , so I can share with you the The Dietary Rules , the Meal Plans and Recipes, the Tips and Facts , and most importantly, the Results. If I can lick this problem, letting ‘Food be my Medicine’and only using Herbals then you can too! Day 1 of my Candida Journal STARTS HERE.
Before you plan food substitutions
Take the preliminary Candida Quiz to see what Candida is,and if you have the Symptoms of this nasty Yeast condition affecting both women, and men.
Healthy Food Substitutions:
Depending on the degree to which you have a yeasty-beastie problem or how long you’ve been room mates with it will determine how gung-ho your diet should be. Obviously the stricter you go the faster Candida gets the boot. Here are a few suggestions to keep in mind when doing your weekly grocery shop.
• Eat more natural foods instead of processed foods.
• Cruise the organic side of the store to minimize the toxins used to grow GMOs.
• Find a source of Free Range Meat raised without Seroids or Antibiotics.
• Choose fresh meat and fish over smoked or processed meats.
• Add Free Range Eggs to the menu. The more orange the yolk the better. (eggs are getting a bad rap. It’s not the cholesterol you eat but rather the amount your body makes that is important and that is based on the amount of fat you consume and what shape your liver is in.)
• Lentils and Dried Beans are filling and satiating texturally while you wean yourself off bread.
• Whole grains over refined grains will give you the extra nutrients and fiber you need to make things move along in your digestive tract. Slow and steady glucose releases are more readily absorbed leaving nothing for the Candida to nosh on.
• Don’t skimp on the fresh vegetables and salads. Green is good.
Substitute lemon juice for vinegar and use olive oil for your dressings.
Olive oil is rich in a good fat containing oleic acid which inhibits Candida albicans from going postal into its fungal form.
• Fresh Herbs instead of dried herbs. Unfortunately there is a risk of yeasts getting on the leaves during the drying process or if not stored properly.
Pre-Breakfast Food Substitutions:
Acidophilus + Herbals
Breakfast Food Substitutions:
Rice n’ Hamburger Mixture + coffee
Lunch Food Substitutions:
Brown rice tortilla chips + fizzy
Dinner Food Substitutions:
Shot of brandy
Leave us a comment if you’ve ever tried Food Substitutions.